Coronavirus Cases by Country - 2020-03-05
That is a partial list, condensed from Worldometers.
New Cases March 5
- 51 new cases and 1 new death in the United States. 11 in New York State: 3 are in serious condition and are treated in intensive care units [source] New cases include a man in his 40s and a woman in her 80s. 1st case in Nevada, Tennessee, New Jersey
- 138 new cases and 3 new deaths in France, including the first 3 cases in Corsica
- 7 new cases in Ireland: including the first in Cork, with no recent history of travel, who is being treated in an intensive care unit.
- 1 new death in Iran today is of a senior Iranian politician, Hossein Sheikholeslam, Iran’s former ambassador to Syria and former advisor to current Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif. He was 67 years old
- 5 new cases in Brazil
- 1 new case in Luxembourg: a person who had recently returned from Northern Italy
- 281 new cases in Germany
- First 7 cases in Palestine, West Bank. 5 new cases in addition to the first 2 reported earlier. Palestinian Authority closes Bethlehem churches and mosques for two weeks
- 28 new cases in the UK . 1st death, an older patient with pre-existing conditions.
- 769 new cases and 41 new deaths in Italy, which becomes the country with the largest daily increase in cases and deaths in the world. Among the 3,296 active cases, 1,790 (54%) are hospitalized, 331 of which (representing 11% of active cases) are in intensive care. Among the 562 closed cases, 414 (74%) have recovered, 148 (26%) have died.
- 42 new cases in Sweden, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 94.
- 5 new cases in Slovenia.
- 5 new cases in Denmark including former Danish footballer Thomas Kahlenberg
- 1 new case in Oman: a man who had recently traveled to Milan, Italy
- 4 new cases in the Czech Republic
- 1 new case in Lebanon: a Lebanese woman coming from Britain
- 3 new cases in Portugal: two males, aged between 40 and 50, admitted to São João Hospital in Porto, and a man in Lisbon who had recently traveled to Italy
- 44 new cases in the Netherlands
- 25 new cases and 1st death in Switzerland: a 74-year-old woman who had been hospitalized since March 3. The woman suffered from a chronic illness. Source of infection still unclear.
- 54 new cases and 1 death in Spain
- 30 new cases in Japan, including 8 in Tokyo and 8 in Aichi
- 22 new cases in Greece
- 1 new case in Canada (Québec)
- 1st case in South Africa: a 38-year-old man who had traveled to Italy with his wife. They were part of a group of 10 who arrived back in South Africa on March 1.
- 9 new cases in Iceland
- 27 new cases in Belgium
- 591 new cases and 15 new deaths in Iran
- 5 new cases in Finland: 3 in the Helsinki and Uusimaa hospital district, 1 is in Pirkanmaa and 1 in Kanta-Häme. The case in Kanta-Häme is a child in Hämeenlinna who had returned from northern Italy with their family on Tuesday.
- 8 new cases in Norway
- 15 new cases in Austria
- 467 new cases, 5 new deaths, and 47 new recoveries in South Korea
- 139 new cases (134 in Hubei), 31 new deaths (all in Hubei) and 2,189 new discharges occurred in China on March 4, as reported by the National Health Commission (NHC) of China.
That is also a partial list, condensed from Worldometers.
Still More Princess Cruise Disasters
Schools Shut in Seattle
Airline Index Plunge
South Korea vs US Testing
Other than these kinds of things, it's fully contained.
Mike "Mish" Shedlock