- 90% of the 2.26 million Catalans who voted on Sunday voted in favour of independence, according to preliminary results released by the region’s government. The region has 5.3 million voters. Officials said 770,000 votes were lost due to disruption which resulted in polling stations being raided by Spanish police.
- Carles Puigdemont, Catalan’s leader, announced in a televised statement that the region had earned the right to become an independent state and that results would be passed the region’s parliament in the coming days.
This video of Madrid thugs stomping on people attempting to vote is worth a replay
Dear PM Rajoy, Here are the Results
- Despite the hundreds of thousands of police goons you sent in to stop the vote, a vote did indeed take place.
- With 90% of the vote in, over 2,020,144 voted for independence.
- Only 176,565, were against.
- Your thugs seized another 770,000 ballots, the vast majority of which were undoubtedly in favor of independence.
- 5.3 million were eligible to vote, and over 50% tried, despite your thug actions.
Dear PM Rajoy, Please Resign
Dear Rajoy, your career is over. Please resign before you are booted out.
But before you go, please take a look at For All the World to See: Police Brutality Videos and Images in Catalonia, then apologize.
Mike “Mish” Shedlock