Massive Release of Sulphur Dioxide
We now have further evidence of hidden coronavirus cremations in China.
- Data from http://windy.com shows a massive release of sulfur dioxide gas from the outskirts of Wuhan, commonly associated with the burning of organic matters. Levels are elevated, even compared with the rest of China.
- From the same time, using the same scale - notice that the emissions are heightened across the board. Only other city that comes near to it is Chongquing, which is also afflicted by the coronavirus.
- A couple distinct possibilities: This is a power plant releasing all this gas. Unlikely, considering how deviant the numbers are from the norm. No other city comes close to how much SO2 is being released from Wuhan.
- A second one: Wuhan is burning municipal trash and possibly contaminated animal carcasses. Possible, but why would they not just dump it where they usually do?
- And the third and most morbid: Dead bodies are being burned on the outskirts of the city, the death numbers are way higher than the CCP is letting on about, and things are really, really bad.
- I don't know the relative probabilities of these events, make up your own mind as to which is most likely.
- Also note that I changed the scale displayed to view only the peaks, look at concentrations above 500ug/m^3 to see the real story.
- Current SO₂ levels are extremely elevated, at 1700ug/m^3, where 80ug/m^3 is considered dangerously high.
Sign of Mass Cremations in Wuhan
The article refers to the above Tweets and also mentions two other possibilities.
- According to the Department of Public Health of the U.S. state of Georgia, crematories release a wide variety of chemicals besides SO2, such as "mercury, dioxin, hydrochloric acid, nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, and dioxins." Twitter user Vet Watching pointed out that the elevated SO2 levels could also be explained by the burning of tons of contaminated medical waste.
- Environmental scientist Dr. Jorge Emmanuel was cited by Health Care Without Harm as saying that the burning of medical supplies releases a number of pollutants, including "fly ash; heavy metals such as arsenic, chromium, copper, mercury and lead; acid gases such as hydrogen chloride, hydrogen fluoride, sulfur dioxides, and nitrogen oxides; carbon monoxide; and organic compounds. "
Chris Martenson Takes That Data Seriously
I highly recommend playing that video.
Travel China reports on the Chongqing - Wuhan Train
- Thirty-one pairs of bullet trains run between Chongqing and Wuhan
- Duration: around 5.5 – 7.5 hours
- Running Distance: about 900 kilometers (559 miles)
- Top Speed: G type: 300 km/h (186 mph), D type: 250 km/h (155 mph)
- Major Stations along the way: Yichang East, Jingzhou, Enshi
- Operated at: Chongqing North Railway Station, Wuhan / Hankou Railway Station
Those trains are no longer in service. Wuhan is locked down.
5 Million Leave Wuhan
Flashback January 26, Global Coronavirus Cases Jump 50% Overnight, 5 Now in US
Mr. Zhou said more than five million people have left Wuhan, leaving about nine million. Many residents hail from around the region and normally leave town for Lunar New Year, and it isn’t known how many specifically fled because of the virus.
My Jan 26 Comments
- "5 Million Potentially Infected Fled Wuhan"
- "Let that stat sink in along with the fact that the incubation period is up to two weeks and mutations could be higher."
For that observation, I was accused of fear mongering.
Escape From Wuhan by Plane
On January 28, I noted Many Planes Actually Made it Out of Wuhan Yesterday and Today.
Coronavirus May Infect Up to 500,000 in Wuhan Before It Peaks
Bloomberg reports Coronavirus May Infect Up to 500,000 in Wuhan Before It Peaks
"That would potentially mean at least 1 in 20 people would have been infected in the city by the time the epidemic peaks."
Jim Bianco's Latest
Wuhan Coronavirus Testing Capacity
Bianco's Key Ideas
- On February 4 they hit the ceiling on the number of tests that can perform. This assumes no tests are no mistakes, no patients having multiple tests, and it assumes the negative test rate of 30% is constant every day.
- In other words, the officials in Hubei province cannot keep up and are reporting what they can do, not how much the coronavirus is actually growing.
The Economic Impact is Massive due to supply chain disruptions.
Apple, travel companies, and carmakers are among those hardest hit right now.
Wuhan Crematory 127 Yesterday, This is 4-5 Times Normal Rate
Yesterday, I posted Wuhan Crematory 127 Yesterday, This is 4-5 Times Normal Rate
Two days ago I commented Coronavirus Super-Spreader Infects 57 in Hospital
If I am not mistaken, this data all seems to fit together nicely.
I would rather be mistaken.
Mike "Mish" Shedlock