- There was no 30-year long bond issuance in the yellow highlighted interval.
- The 10-year to 3-month inversion is 64 basis points, the deepest since January of 2001.
- The 30-year to 3-month inversion is 57 basis points, the deepest since November of 2000.
- The 10-year to 2-year inversion is 71 basis points, the steepest since October 1981 (see chart below).
10-Year Minus 2-Year Treasury Yield
Never before have we seen such strong inversions except right before or in recessions.
It will not be different this time. A recession is on the way, assuming it's not already started.
Existing Home Sales Decline 9th Month, Down Another 5.9 Percent
On November 18, I commented Existing Home Sales Decline 9th Month, Down Another 5.9 Percent
Existing Home Sales Crash
- Existing home sales are down 28.4% from one year ago.
- Existing home sales are down 31.7% since January.
That's a crash. And never have we seen such declines other than in recessions.
California Faces a $25 Billion Budget Problem With Ongoing Deficits
Please note California is spending like the tech boom would last forever. Ahead of Recession, California Faces a $25 Billion Budget Problem With Ongoing Deficits
Governor Newsom is unofficially running for president in 2024. It will be official the day president Joe Biden announces he will not run for reelection.
Had Democrats retained the House, free money bailouts to California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, etc., would have been massive.
Huge Layoffs Including Thousands at Amazon and FedEx in Peak Shipping Season
Finally, please note Huge Layoffs Including Thousands at Amazon and FedEx in Peak Shipping Season
Amazon, Facebook, Redfin, FedEx, Stripe, Twitter and tech companies in general are all laying off workers.
Not to worry, Biden says there is no recession and the economy is strong. Not only is it different this time, it's very different this time.
This post originated at MishTalk.Com.
Thanks for Tuning In!
Subscribers get an email alert of each post as they happen. Read the ones you like and you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you have subscribed and do not get email alerts, please check your spam folder.