Trump Blames Companies
The Wall Street Journal reports Trump Says Companies, Not Trade Policies, to Blame for Business Setbacks
The comments on Twitter come as more U.S. businesses and farmers say they are suffering amid the prolonged U.S.-China trade war, ahead of a new round of tariffs set to take effect Sunday. When Mr. Trump was asked by reporters late Friday about whether the U.S. would go ahead with the tariffs, he responded: “They’re on.”
Farmers have taken on too much debt, but Trump's policies have unquestionably made matters much worse for them.
Trump Translated: Don't Blame Me
"Don't blame me! I don't ever do anything wrong"
Who's to Blame?
There is plenty of blame to go around.
- The Fed blew three consecutive economic bubbles by keeping rates too low too long yet again.
- Beggar-thy-neighbor global currency wars
- Trump's seriously misguided tariffs.
- Global fiscal stimulus policies
- Global central banks policies
Apportion that blame however you like.
But please note that Trump is demanding more of point number one despite the consequences. Trump also wants the Fed to entertain point number two.
Mike "Mish" Shedlock