Tired of Covid-19 Politics?
So am I, and so is comedian Bill Maher.
Maher accurately pointed out governor Ron DeSantis of Florida did a far better job of protecting the elderly than New York governor Andrew Cuomo, an alleged hero who faces impeachment over covid-19 lies and coverups.
When blasting Cuomo, Maher gave one of his best lines "Those are just facts. I know it is irresponsible for me to say them."
Dr. Fauci did not help with his ignorance and lies in which he went from telling people not to wear masks to suggesting people wear two of them.
I do not accept that "science" accounts for Fauci's changing recommendations. Fauci admitted he wanted to save the limited supply of masks for the medical industry.
I get social distancing and vaccines. But I don't get praise of Cuomo, no reporting of good news, biased reporting of bad news, and ridiculous demands by teachers' unions to keep schools closed.
- "New rule. Don't spin me when it comes to my health. I am from a different school: Give it to me straight doc. That always works better than 'You can't handle the truth'."
- "Look. Here's what I am saying. I don't want politics mixed in with my medical decisions." [huge round of applause] "And now that everything is politics, that's all we do. If their side says Covid is nothing, out side has to say it's everything."
- "Trump said it would go away like a miracle, and we said it was World War Z."
- "And now of course we find out that all of that paranoia of [disinfecting] surfaces was bullshit anyway even though we spent hours and hours of wiping our knobs with Lysol."
- "If you lie to people, even with a very good cause, you lose their trust."
- "I think a lot of people died because of Trump's incompetence. And I think a lot of people died because talking about obesity had become a third rail in America."
- "A stunning statistic was reported. 78% of those hospitalized, ventilated, or dead for Covid were overweight or obese. It is the key piece of the puzzle, by far the most pertinent factor, but you dare not speak its name."
- "Imagine how many lives could have been saved if there had been some national campaign a la' Michelle Obama's Let's Move program with the urgency of the pandemic behind it."
Maher concluded by blasting the media for failure to point out there is something you can do to help [lose weight].
"Because the last thing you want to do is say something insensitive. We would literally rather die. Instead we were told to lock down, when the killer was already in the house. And her name is Little Debbie."