- Unleaded Gas futures just hit $3.78 breaking the 2008 peak of $3.63 in July of 2008.
- West Texas Oil WTIC futures hit $125.59, now at $122.69, up over $7.00.
- Brent Oil, North Sea crude spiked all the way to $130.89, up over 10%, now at $126.30, still up over $8.00
Prices are as of about 6:15 US Central.
Gold Up, Stocks Down Again
- The price of gold for April delivery is up $28 holding a bit more firm than oil, at least for the moment. It's $1994 per ounce.
- Stock futures are down between 1.0% and 1.5% as of about 6.30 Central.
Europe will be in recession before the US and is possibly there already.
A Word About Fiat Currencies
Word of the Day is Boom
Hedgeye provides the word of the day for today.
US Recession Coming Up
Gold and the Dollar
That one should be easy. Gold is not strongly correlated to the US dollar.
For discussion, please see Gold Powers Towards Record High, NEM Closed Last Gap, What's Ahead?
The word of the day coming up is "recession".
A recession fueled by collapsing demand, a liquidity crunch, and fading stimulus effects is coming up. Inflation sure doesn't help.
For discussion, please see A Recession Looms, Blame the Fed and Biden, Not Russia
This post originated at MishTalk.Com
Like these reports? I hope so, and if you do, please Subscribe to MishTalk Email Alerts.
Subscribers get an email alert of each post as they happen. Read the ones you like and you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you have subscribed and do not get email alerts, please check your spam folder.