Bill Ackman Tweet Thread
Slightly Reorganized to Make Complete Sentences
- @POTUS is there a point at which we say it is un-American to sit back and watch this transpire? We are fighting an economic war with Russia. We are supplying weapons and intelligence with our allies, and the Ukrainians are putting up an incredible fight.
- The Russian army has shown itself to be weak and lacking morale. Their air force can’t achieve air superiority. Putin is rallying the nuclear saber as he gets more desperate. What if? Do we wait for him to kill millions before we intervene? What precedent are we continuing to set by allowing this to play out?
- None of us wants to put American lives at risk. And yes it is easy for me to say with no children in the military. But our lives are already at risk if Putin gets his way. The @us_navyseals and Americans in uniform I know would want to be there to stop this madness.
- The defense of Ukraine is a just war. It is not about oil or money. It is about right and wrong, and those are the wars that we should fight. And if we take the long-term view and punish madmen for their actions, we can deter their larger ambitions.
- We are fighting an economic war but only selectively shutting down their banking system. We are not using every economic means at our disposal. And I hope Russia stops this onslaught, but I don’t see how Putin saves face. We need to be prepared for what comes next which means we need to start thinking about intervening military.
- Had we set up a show of force at the beginning of the war that we were prepared to execute on, we might have deterred Putin. We let Crimea, Georgia, and more happen, which got us here. Isn’t it time we set a real red line?
- Allowing Syria to cross that line and doing nothing was one of the worst moments in our country’s history. Here we have an opportunity to set a real red line and establish for future generations what it means and what America stands for. And if that line is set by us and the rest of the world together, all the better.
- And if he crosses it, we have to do what we have to do. We can’t sit back and allow hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians and perhaps millions to die. I don’t want to live in that world and you don’t either. @POTUS , it is in your hands.
- You can fix the errors of the past and protect our future. With all due respect Mr. President, the time is now.
President Biden on Sending Troops
Rallying the Nuclear Saber
I cannot find any mainstream media coverage regarding "more than 500 nuclear warheads".
However, there are numerous reports along this line: Putin puts nuclear deterrent forces on 'high alert' amid spiraling tensions over Ukraine
Putin said in a meeting of top officials shown Sunday on state TV that the move, which means the country’s nuclear weapons are prepared for increased readiness to launch, was in response to NATO powers’ making what he called “aggressive statements.”
Daryl Kimball, the executive director of the Arms Control Association, a Washington nonprofit group, said Putin's action is a modern first.
"I think we need to understand that the risk of miscalculation and escalation is high," Kimball said. "I don't think we should look at this as a threat by Putin to use nuclear weapons against the United States, against Europe, against NATO. This is a dangerous moment in the crisis. It's a point in which both sides needs to back down and move the word 'nuclear' from this equation."
Zelensky Seeks No-Fly Zone
Axios reports Zelensky Pushes Biden on No-Fly Zone.
Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky is urging President Biden and NATO to impose a "no-fly zone" over "significant parts" of the country, telling Axios in a statement that Ukraine "can beat the aggressor" if the Western allies "do their part."
US Rules It Out
Jen Paski: "A no-fly zone would require intervention from US military. It would essentially mean US military would be shooting down Russian planes. That is definitely escalatory. It would potentially put us in a place of military conflict with Russia. That is something the president wants us to do."
"We're not going to put American troops in danger. That means we're not going to put American troops in the air as well, but we will work with the Ukrainians to give them the ability to defend themselves," Linda Thomas-Greenfield, the US ambassador to the UN, told CNN on Sunday.
Madman Theory Bluff
Stop or Start WWIII?
Ackman: "Putin is rallying the nuclear saber as he gets more desperate. What if? Do we wait for him to kill millions before we intervene?"
Would sending in the troops or a no-fly zone help avert or help start WWIII?
Ackman Tries to Walk Back Tweet
I don't believe you can Tweet the president 9 times then easily take it back.
Previous Posts on Ukraine
- Tweets of the Day, Russia, Gold, China, the US Dollar, More
- Russian Ruble In a Freefall, Plunges to Record Low Against the Dollar
- Russia's Shock and Awe Invasion of Ukraine Fails, Putin Now Seeks Unconditional Talks
- "I Need Ammunitions Not a Ride" Says Ukrainian President
This post originated on MishTalk.Com.
Thanks for Tuning In!
Subscribers get an email alert of each post as they happen. Read the ones you like and you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you have subscribed and do not get email alerts, please check your spam folder.