- I can declare a statewide emergency on homelessness.
- 75% of black boys in California cannot read at state level proficiency. I want to give parents a choice in education.
- 80% of public school children in California are black or brown. The polls show a majority of urban black or brown parents want choice. Yet they pull that lever year after year for the Democratic Party that has not given them the first step towards leaving poverty which is a quality high school education.
- Don't get me started on water. You got me started on water.
- For the first time in our state's history there is a net migration out of California. And they are not the millionaires and billionaires, these are people making between $50K and $100K who cannot get their first house. That's the first reason they cite for leaving California. We are going to turn that around.
- My father was a lifelong Republican. He told me Democrats want to give you something for nothing. And when you try to get something for nothing, you almost always get nothing for something.
- We have gone from 25% of black kids born out of wedlock in 1965 to 70% now. It's a welfare state. With our welfare state we have incentivized women to marry government and incentivized men to abandon financial and moral responsibility.
- I submit to you that systemic racism is not the problem and critical race theory is not the answer. [Standing Ovation]
Elder for Governor
What an amazing speech. Play it!
If you think Elder has no chance of winning, you are mistaken.
For details of the gubernatorial recall and why Elder has a genuine shot at replacing the incompetent Gavin Newsom, please see California Governor Newsom Faces a Recall and a Libertarian Might Win
I endorse Larry Elder for Governor. And although I live in Utah, I am making a contribution.