- For all workers, real (inflation-adjusted) wages declined nearly 0.8 percent in February.
- For all workers, real wages declined for the 12th time in 14 months.
- For production and nonsupervisory workers, real wages declined nearly 0.6 percent in February.
- For production and nonsupervisory workers, real wages declined for the 10th time in the last 14 months.
Consumer Price Index Month-Over-Month
The CPI has been on a tear. It is rising faster than wages for over a year accountingfor the drop in real wages.
Consumer Price Index Year-Over-Year
Year-over-year the CPI is up 7.9%.
Real Wages Year-Over-Year Percent Change
Real Wage Key Points
- Real year-over-year wages have fallen 11 times in the past year.
- For all employees, real wages are down 2.58% in the past year.
- For production and nonsupervisory workers, real wages are down 1.86% in the past year.
Hourly Earnings and Real Hourly Earnings Since 1964
Key Hourly Earnings Points
- In February of 1973 real hourly earnings for production and nonsupervisory workers were $9.38 per hour.
- In February of 2022 real hourly earnings for production and nonsupervisory workers were $9.63 per hour.
- In the last 49 years, real hourly wages have risen by a grand total of 25 cents per hour.
In the last 49 years wages have risen about half of a penny per hour per year, and that assumes you believe the CPI is accurate.
The Benefits of Running the CPI Hot
Meanwhile, Fed jackasses, especially Chicago Fed President Praises the "Benefits of Running the Economy Hot"
Inflation benefits those who hold assets and those with first access to money.
The rest benefit by a half-penny per hour for 49 years. The upcoming demand destruction from this policy and the pending stock market crash will be massive.
No one will be praising the Fed after this debacle.
This post originated on MishTalk.Com.
Thanks for Tuning In!
Subscribers get an email alert of each post as they happen. Read the ones you like and you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you have subscribed and do not get email alerts, please check your spam folder.