Consider This Tweet
"Wait mish, doesn’t Israel have a high vax rate? They shouldn’t have many covid patients right?"
Highly Vaccinated Israel Is Seeing A Dramatic Surge In New COVID Cases
- Immunity from the vaccine dips over time. Israel had fully vaccinated slightly over half its population by March 25.
- The delta variant broke through the vaccine's waning protection.
- If you get infected, being vaccinated helps. The rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people over age 60 (178.7 per 100,000) was nine times more than the rate among fully vaccinated people of the same age category, and the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people in the under-60 crowd (3.2 per 100,000) was a little more than double the rate among vaccinated people in that age bracket.
- Israel's high vaccination rate isn't high enough. The country jumped out ahead of all other countries on vaccines, and 78% of eligible Israelis over 12 years old are vaccinated. But Israel has a young population, with many under the eligible age for vaccination, and about 1.1 million eligible Israelis, largely between the ages of 12 and 20, have declined to take even one dose of the vaccine. That means only 58% of Israel's total citizenry is fully vaccinated.
- Booster shots offer more protection — if you are one of the world's lucky few to get them.
What About Pfizer?
Please note Israel says Pfizer Covid vaccine is just 39% effective as delta spreads
Many Tweeted, almost bragging about low effectiveness of Pfizer. They did not bother to look at the details.
- Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain, according to a new report from the country’s Health Ministry.
- The two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data.
Posts Mislead on Israel Vaccine Data
Also consider Posts Mislead on Israel Vaccine Data.
Misleading posts on social media are now twisting data from Israel to falsely claim the country’s vaccination program is a failure due to the number of breakthrough cases of COVID-19 among the vaccinated. Medical professionals say Israel’s vaccine program is making remarkable progress against the virus.
“The vaccination campaign was hugely effective,” Dr. William A Petri, professor of infectious diseases at the University of Virginia, said of Israel’s efforts. “It’s really extraordinary how well these vaccines work.”
It's easy enough to find total nonsense or some alleged "expert" somewhere spinning the data.
The Twitter anti-vaxxers do that routinely 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. But they don't like to be called anti-vaxxers.
They want to be called freedom fighters or patriots while spreading complete BS every chance they get.
I do wonder about the Pfizer vaccine itself. It's 88% effective against hospitalization but that does not imply or say anything about transmission.
I did not locate official numbers, but I believe this Tweet is more accurate "Israel is nearly 100% Pfizer."
The Israeli outbreak can easily be Pfizer-specific or Pfizer-more-likely than say Moderna.
Low Vaccination Rates vs Covid
The US data is clear and consistent. Death rates are highly correlated with low vaccination rates.
The above chart is from my August 21 report Covid Vaccination Rates vs Death Rates Daily and Last 7 Days Update.
The anti-vaxxers would have you believe Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, etc., etc. are all manipulating the data to show more cases.
Only the red states manipulate death rates so as to collect more fees from Medicare. The Blue states are not interested in getting more money from the government.
Wow! That quite an amazing revelation.
Alberta Canada Data
- Since Jan 1, 2021, 0.2% of people with one dose (5,597/2,847,380) were diagnosed with COVID-19 14 days after the first immunization date
- Since Jan 1, 2021, 0% of people with two doses (937/2,482,401) were diagnosed with COVID-19 14 days after the second immunization date
- 94.7% of cases (125,376/132,373) since Jan 1, 2021 were unvaccinated or diagnosed within two weeks from the first dose immunization date
- 92.1% of hospitalized cases (5,270/5,719) since Jan 1, 2021 were unvaccinated or diagnosed within two weeks from the first dose immunization date
- 86.9% of COVID-19 deaths (692/796) since Jan 1, 2021 were unvaccinated or diagnosed within two weeks from the first dose immunization date
Not AVSA Compliant
We better ignore that data. It is not AVSA compliant. That is to say it does not have the Anti-Vaxxer Seal of Approval.
Nothing does unless it purports the idea that vaccinations do no good.
Besides, anyone with any degree of common sense knows Alberta is in bed with Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, in data manipulation.
There is no other possible explanation.
Dying For the Cause
Let's discuss the "Educated Decision" of Anti-Vax Talk Show Host Phil Valentine.
"Why in the world would I get the vaccine?” asked Valentine.
He is now dead. Thousands are dead who would be alive today if only they got vaccinated.
But let's ignore that too, and focus on some isolated death case attributed to Covid.
Data is 100% Consistent
Vaccinations are proven to slow the spread of serious cases. Hospitals are clogged with severe cases of Covid, mosty from unvaccinated, needlessly draining supplies from others in need. ICUs are at capacity also due to people on a fool's mission against the data.
Someone on Twitter objected to the preceding paragraph and wanted to know on what planet the vaccinations were proven. I replied Earth and asked if he was from Uranus.
The data in Israel, US, UK, and Canada. Is consistent. The data say vaccinations prevent (not stop) serious infections and reduce (not eliminate deaths).
But to hell with that.
By all means, let's tout the 39% effectiveness and ignore the details.
Let's also believe stats from India. Hell's bells, let's believe any report as long as it supports the view vaccinations are a failure.
That is the consistent drum beat of the anti-vax patriots continually making fools of themselves.